Ralph W. Ogilvie, DMD FAGD specializes in beautifying smiles, maintaining your dental health, and helping you improve your appearance.
Doctor Ogilvie and his family have lived in Heber City for nearly 20 years. He has been practicing dentistry longer than that. He is actively involved in his community. He supports the arts as a cellist for many local orchestral events. He enjoys spending time with his wife and five children, playing baseball, boating and water skiing.
Dr. Ogilvie has participated in numerous dental humanitarian missions in Central and South America with the Army Reserve. In 2005 he was called up to run the largest dental clinic in Iraq.
After he graduated from dental school, Dr. Ogilvie completed a one-year residency in Advanced General Dentistry. With more than 1000 hours of continuing education credit, he earned and met the rigorous requirements to become a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD). Dr. Ogilvie is honored and feels privileged to treat his patients in the beautiful Heber Valley and surrounding areas.
Education and Assocations
Education has always been an important part of Doctor Ogilvie’s career. Below is a list of schools where he has gained his experience and training.
- Highland High School
- University of Utah (cum laude)
- Oregon Health Science University DMD
- Graduate 1 year residency in Advanced General Dentistry
- Earned Fellowship from the Academy of General Dentistry FAGD
- 6 ½ years Active Military Service – Dentist
- 17 years of Active Reserves – Dentist
- Multiple Humanitarian Missions throughout Central and South America
- Member of the American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry Association (AGD)
- Member of Academy of Strait Wire and Functional Orthodontics
- Member of the Dental Research Education Association (past president)
Start Date: February 1995
Childhood Ambition: Meet a real life dinosaur
Fondest Memory: Visiting grandmother every Sunday afternoon watching old western TV shows like Gunsmoke or Banza
Indulgence: Chocolate mousse for breakfast
Most selfish thing I’ve done: Binging on Netflix
Likes: Boating, Skiing, Hiking, Being outdoors
Dislikes: Being too rushed or being the constant center of attention
Last Purchase: Groceries
Favorite Song: Battle Hymn of the Republic, Handel’s Messiah
Favorite Movies: Princess Bride, Ben-Hur, Star Wars
Inspiration: Learning new things and developing an attitude of gratitude
My Life: My wife and kids
Favorite Things to Do: Walking in the rain, Reading in bed